|General Steps for Upgrade.|
1. Download or have available the Software CD's needed for installation:
Lotus Domino 6.5.4 Server
Team Workplace (QP) 6.54
Team Workplace (QP) 6.54 Fix Pack - "Team Workplace 6.5.4 Team Workplace 6.5.1 Fix Pack for Domino 6.5.4"
2. Stop the Domino services.
3. Backup the Server. (Minimally the Domino executable folder and Data folder)
4. Install the Team Workspace (QP) 6.51 upgrade. (Do not restart the server, yet.)
5. Add the Fix Pack files replacing as specified in release notes. (See #4 Detail below)
6. Run the Designer task standalone.
e.g. server console: load design,
from command prompt: ndesign (in Domino program directory)
7. Upgrade the places and PlaceTypes
(from Domino executable directory)
nqptool.exe upgrade -server
nqptool.exe upgrade -a
8. Delete cache files.
9. Start Domino server.
7a. Verify the QP version by looking at the DSAPI filter in console as it loads.
(Should be version 350654.4 for 6.54 with FixPack 1.)
7b. Verify HTTP loaded succesfully. Look for any errors.
7c. Verify you can do "normal nsf" login from web - e.g. names.nsf.
(If not troubleshoot DNS server name fields and SSO fields.)
8. Test logon and addition/editing/deleting of documents in some QuickPlaces.
Step #4 Detail:
According to the IBM Lotus documentation, the following are the files that need to be replaced in the fix pack.
In the Domino program directory (example: c:\Lotus\Domino
In the Domino Data Directory (example: c:\Lotus\Domino\Data):
In the QuickPlace Template Data Directory (example:\Lotus\Domino\Data\quickplace\AreaTypes):
In the Domino server’s html directory (example: c:\Lotus\Domino\Data\domino\html):
In the QuickPlace Directory (example: c:\Lotus\Domino\Data\quickplace):
If your Team Workplace server is configured to work with a IMWC server, you must also replace the following file on all IMWC servers: