User starts Notes, before spot when password is entered, a dialog pops up saying:
Warning: unexpected MIME error.
The user clicks the OK button (which is only option) and client closes w/ or w/o a NSD.
There is a corruption in the user's location document in their personal contacts applications (names.nsf) on their PC workstation.
1. Edit the notes.ini and clear the location= line. This will keep Lotus from defaulting to the bad location.
2. Now start Lotus Notes again. This time choose Island instead of Office/Online at the location/password prompt (depending on Lotus client version may be together or not).
3. In the advanced settings of the Contacts application, go to the Locations view, edit the Online/Office named location and change the name of it to "Onlinebad".
4. Create a new connection from scratch and name it Online. Copy and paste the Basic, Server, Mail, and any other settings you want to keep to the new connection, and save.
5. Now switch the user to the new Online location and test that you completed the server mail tab mail path information to load their mail and calendar. If you are good, go back and delete the Onlinebad location. If you have a spelling error fix it. Restart the client and test again, just to make sure all is good.