|How to Determine a Place's PlaceType|
Tripp Black on 11/08/2005 at 11:11 PM
Category: Notes Developer Tips
You cannot see any admin way of looking at place's placetype.
(vs. 3.x and 6.5.1)
There is none. You cannot using the GUI.
However, there is a way from the Notes Client via back-door exploration.
The instructions below are from document 1199966 on the Lotus Support Site.
(I've added it here because, it can be hard to find again in the knowledge database on the Support site.)
1. Using a Lotus Notes client, open the MAIN.NSF database of the place.
2. Select System view and then QDK view.
3. From the QDK view, locate the document h_PlaceTypeStamp.
4. Select the document, right-click and select "Document Properties."
5. On the second tab (Fields) of the Document Properties dialog box, locate and select the field called h_PlaceTypeName.
6. The value of this field provides the name of the PlaceType used to create that place.