|Lotus Notes 5.x / 6.x / 7.x - Composing a New E-mail Memo|
Tripp W Black on 07/18/2007 at 07:02 PM
Category: Email Setup
|Creating a New Memo|
1. Change to the Inbox view.
2. Click the "New Memo" button to compose a new message.
3. Click the "Address..." button to bring up the "Select Address" dialog window.
4. Next to the "Choose Address Book", select the directory (Address Book) that contains the name you wish to select.
(Your local personal directory has your last name in it - e.g. Jane Doe's address book is "Doe's Address Book".)
5. Use the scrolling window on the left to locate recipients within your organization. For a large address book, type the beginning characters of the recipients last name to make the left window to jump to the name entered. You can also select a group
6. Once a name is selected (highlighted) on the left, click the "To" button to add the name to the To field in the new memo. (Click the "CC" or "BCC" fields for carbon copy and blind carbon copy individuals.) Alternately, double click the highlighted name to immediately send the name to the To field on the right.
7. Once done, click the "OK" button to accept the name selected and return the new Memo.
8. In the "Subject" field, add a subject representing the body of the message you are about to compose.
9. The big open area is the "body" of the memo. Add your message to the memo body.
10. When done, click the "Send" button to send the memo.