|Manual Install of Lotus 7.0.x on Older OS 10.3.x Workaround|
Tripp W Black on 12/04/2009 at 01:28 PM
Category: Email Setup
|These steps work around the limitation of 7.0.3 and 7.0.4 on a 10.3.8 and a 10.3.9 system:|
(No, I wouldn't be asking IBM for support on this... :-) )
- Open the Lotus Notes 7.0.x DMG file which is a drive image.
- Drag Lotus Notes Installer.pkg to the desktop.
- Right-click the Lotus Notes Installer.pkg.pkg and choose option Show Package Contents.
- Navigate inside the Contents --> Resources folders.
- Right-click the Installation Script file, Installation Check, and choose Open With... -> Other... and choose Text Edit from the list of applications.
- Here's where it gets a little tricky, we need to comment out the check test section or the one line where we fail out:
In the script, there is a section about 15 lines down that's tests the release version of OS X.
Either comment out the whole section or just the exit 98 line. Make the line a comment by inserting '#' at the beginning of a line of script.
- Now Save & Close the updated script.
- Close the Show Package Contents Resources window.
- Double-click Lotus Notes Installer.pkg on your desktop to launch the installer.
- Run through the installation as normal (you should now no longer get the "Lotus Notes Mac cannot be installed on this computer" error message)